Pages

Sunday 14 August 2011

Old friend my poor sofa .


Recently I shifted to my new home. And my mother gave my old dear sofa to housekeeping maid. I saw him since I was born. Our relation (me and my sofa) was very deep . I consider it my lucky one like a lucky stone of people. My behavior was very superstitious towards him. Whenever I am tired I used to sleep on this sofa. Actually I like old traditional things than new ones. I’m very sentimental girl and I’m easily attached to things. So this is  how our love started.
When I m upset I jumped on it. I cried and after few minute I gone normal. So see how I’m deeply attached with my sofa. At the time of every  meal, my mother and my siblings always talked how to erase this dirty thing from our house. But I always raise voice and saved my sofa. When I get low marks in exams , fight with siblings and my defeat, parents scolding  every time no one with me except my dear sofa.
When my exams near I used to sit on my lucky sofa. And I passed exams. The other two parts of this sofa was earlier become the shine of my housemaid. So now you can imagine how pathetic condition of my ex-sofa was. But I believe true love don’t go on the physical appearance of lover. With the shifting of his two parts I completed my graduation. Now my myth was stronger. And my love to my sofa was more deepen.
The happiness of my graduation gone far me to my sofa.  But one day, after a long time when my mother talked about the throwing of my sofa. My suppressed feelings had been reappeared.  But this time my mother is quite serious about the decoration of the house. And she insisted to removal of the sofa. Now sofa was no more in the condition of sale. But this time, mother’s argument and her passion towards home decoration made me to change my decision. Everyone thinks this was stain that can’t be removed with anything. And the only solution of this is to put into garbage or give to housekeeping maid. So now I promised to my mom that you will give this to our housekeeping maid after my masters.
Again I saved my sofa. But this time, Alas, our accompany was very short. I am unable to save my sofa from the brutality of society. Now I entered to my new university for higher studies. Time was running so fast. In the busy life of university I forget my sofa. Now I completed my university. After few months, we shifted to our new house. And my mother gives my dear sofa to our housekeeping maid. When my sofa was gone I felt sad. And I am remembering my sweet old days with my sofa.
‘A real friend is one who walks in when in the rest of the world walks out`.
Attachment would be build with any object. Sometimes, your old furniture, old house become a strong part of your life. That you never wana lose. My feelings, attachment towards my sofa always remember me my struggle for life and his company . This presence always felt like a old friend to me, who knows everything about me. He accept me with all my faults and with me in every phase of my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment